Monday, October 24, 2011

Perfect Strangers Review by Rebecca Sinclair

Gabrielle Carelton is one of Queen Elizabeth’s most devoted ladies-in-waiting. But her loyalty is put to the test when Her Majesty commands her to marry Scotsman Collin Douglas. When Gabrielle is kidnapped by Collin’s twin brother, not even Good Queen Bess can save her. Dubbed the Black Douglas, devilishly handsome Connor is known throughout the land for his magnificent feats of strength and cunning. But now he is in need of an heir. An English bride will bring peace to the warring nations — and give him the son he craves. What he doesn’t expect is a woman as passionate as she is proud … and a desire that knows no boundaries. Set against the pageantry and savage splendor of 16th-century England and Scotland, here is the story of a man and a woman who begin as enemies and strangers — and find a love that will triumph against all odds.








My Thoughts:
I was asked to read/review this book and since Historical Romance is one of my favorite generes to read besides Paranormal, I jumped at the chance.  I have to say the cover art for the book is absolutely beautiful, makes you want to dive right into the story. 


I have to say this is a Historical Romance at it's finest, It has everything you want in a Historical Romance, I love reading from the 16th Century England/Scotland. Gabrielle Carelton is on her way to meet Collin Douglas her betrothed, but, on her journey she is kidnapped by a man named Black Douglas.  Black Douglas has a reputation of being one of the most fierce men with our mercy for anyone, but, he just happens to also be Collin Douglas's twin brother.


I am not going to spill all the details and if I go to deep I will spoil it for you and I don't want to do that, but I will say this is an absolute MUST READ, if you like Historical Romance then you will love this book, I love the two main characters Rebecca has built, very strong, strong willed characters, Gabrielle is a "sturdy" woman who has lots of self doubts and more worries than a lady should have, Collin, so different from his brother.  In the beginning of the story of two people that were strangers, enemies in fact, only to be into a love story you will think about long after this book is done. 


I myself being not a perfectly shaped lady, truly loved this story more as Gabrielle was described the same, and to be recognized for her inner beauty is more than what's on the outside, when a story is written like this I feel it hits more readers as it makes the character more real, more identifiable with.  It has everything you want in a book, romance, action packed, the right amount of danger, twists and turns that made me hold my breath and it was full of humour,  just the right amount of everything that makes a good book great.


I hope you will all pick up your copy and enjoy it as much as I did.  Enjoy!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment